What Are You Afraid of (Ep 1)



Humans; we tremble at almost everything, ranging from a common housefly to a crawling cockroach, from kitchen rats to a wall gecko, yes, we tremble at the sight of a spider, tremble when we hear the hooting of an owl, tremble when there's a whirl wind, tremble when it suddenly begins to rain...

We tremble at the sound of our own heart beats, at the sight of our shadow, we still tremble. Sometimes we get scared of the things we shouldn't place too much concern on.

So today, let's discuss, tell me what you're afraid of.
Growing up. I was scared of me. I was scared of expressing myself, scared of doing the things that made me happy, the things my heart so much wanted. I was scared of the advice's I gave but yet won't take none of it for myself. I was scared of the unpredictable things the Me in Me could do.

On a scale of 1-10, the fear that lived in me was 8/10. The fear in me gained more weight than my dreams and aspirations. So I thought to myself, I needed to cut down the rate at which my fear was running. I made a list, a very long list of all the things that made me have cold sweats, starting from the very least of them all.

I dreaded maths, but then it was required at all levels I attained while studying to become an Accountant. So because of how badly I wanted to become an Accountant, I sourced for all means to credit maths. I started attending Maths lessons, meeting friends to teach me, making sure to be in front of the row during lectures and asking the dumbest questions, so then, through out my two years in school, I had no cause for a carry over. Do the dumbest thing, and smile at your end result.

I use to be a timid girl, the type who will always swallow her words rather than spill them. My timid attitude made me an absolute quiet person and made me live a near pretentious life. The things I would have won for myself went to other people because of my inability to express myself. So I realized, I may not be good in being a talkative but I was better in using my hands to write the things my mouth couldn't say. I was always writing. Anywhere. Everywhere. In my note books. On the last pages of my handouts. In small Jotters. In pieces of papers. Scribbling all the nonsense that made sense to me. Expressing yourself is doing that which is different from others. Just learn to do your own thing in your own way. So go out of your way and please yourself. Do all the nonsense that you see sense in.

You know, putting your passion first ahead of your fears takes you two steps forward. Making one EXTRA CONSCIOUS EFFORT makes you stand out from other persons pursuing the same goal as you.

It may not be so easy switching lives, but you can switch your fear for confidence. Make a list of all the things you're afraid of, and start ruling them out, its time to trash your fears!

Tell me, are you afraid of starting something?
Afraid of taking a leap of faith?
Afraid of doing your own thing?
Afraid of speaking your mind?

Just let it out!
Free yourself from living in fear!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Butterflies

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

What I think of Feminism when I'm alone