Dear 25

Everyday of my life I strive to be better, to do better and to improve from where I use to be to a step closer to where I really want to get to. Its a tiring process I must confess. Along the line, depression sets in , frustration and a whole lot of ugly looking scenarios raises its head.
Phew. Living is a hard thing to do.

Its been about four months since I ventured into a new career path, maybe one day, I'll write about it, my journey and the people I met in the process of becoming a tech woman.

I haven't really achieved so much for a woman approaching her mid twenties 😂, its a worrisome age for me, you know, 25 and still very single. The pressure of getting married begins to sink deep, I really don't know what age 25 has to do with getting married 😣.

The society I come from thinks 25 is the ripe age for marriage, well, I dunno. I remember saying I wanted to be married at 22, raise a family on time and retire at an early age with businesses and investments working for me, o boy, was I wrong? 😭😭😭

I remember being scared of clocking 23, damn, the cold shivers and teary eye, the vibes and the goosebumps, the many thoughts i had to fight, the many "what if's", God, the fear of getting old and not achieving so much, I hadn't even graduated from school at 23!

Sometimes I sit and begin to review every episode of my life; the dreams I had, the dreams that died a natural death, the dreams I killed, my love life, the empire of my dream, starting my family with the love of my life, ha, very beautiful picture of my life I wouldn't sell for all the gold in the world.

Dreams are just dreams until you put them to work, until you pick yourself up and work work work work work, yes, dreams require you working!!!

Now, 25 scares me. Reminds me of how slow my life pace is moving, 25 and not earning some cool cash, 25 and not driving my own car, 25 and not doing some cool businesses, the thought of it weighs me down, but then, I try to keep the fire burning, no time is too late to succeed.

See, life will dribble you so bad, ruffle you up, break your bones and bend your neck, you'll feel suicide is the only way out. But then, remember, work with your time, do you, rock you and be you, life is no competition.

Dear 25, let's go make it big!

Comments

  1. The things living and schooling in Nigeria has done to us. We will never forgive.

    By the way very good write up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

Birthday Butterflies

My Public Diary 101