BREAKING NEWS (2)

She was startled when the line finally went dead. Her fore head formed lines of depression. Was that a joke? Could May possibly be trying to pull a fool’s day on her? It’s already 40days past April fool.

“Judas can’t be pregnant! How is that possible? He has no… oh my Gad! I think I need to get to that hospital.” She stumbles over Cynthia’s assignment

“Get out of the way!”

“Hey watch it!” Cynthia fires back.

The drive from home to the hospital seemed to take forever. Once or twice she had almost knocked down a bike man, in her third attempt; she did actually ran over the wares of market women who sold fresh tomatoes by the road side. She didn’t stop to say sorry; her mind was all ‘Judas’.

“You go die young.” One of the distressed market women cursed as she threw the smashed tomatoes at her car.

She visualized Judas in maternity gown, with a protruding tummy, him spitting and vomiting all over the place.

“And how the hell is he gonna give birth...and breastfeed?” she took the next turn that led to the hospital and horned continuously at the gate. “May had better be kidding me… dear Lord please let this be a joke, I promise I won’t kill May.”

Muna walked briskly into the lobby, she maintained her balance and lighted up her face as she approached the reception. “Doctor May… I want to see her please.”

“Is she expecting you please?” the lady asked.

“Just tell her Muna is here.” She said almost in a whisper. The lady made a dial, and placed the call through.

“Muna is here… okay.” She dropped the receiver. “Take the stairs, second floor to the right, third room.”

“Thanks!”

She didn’t knock, she opened the door and walked in. May was on her seat, working on her computer.

“Sit down Muna.” May ushered without lifting her face.

“Tell me it is a joke, tell me you just want to fool me. I promise I won’t get mad”

“Muna sit will you? April fool’s day is long gone and I would never fool anyone with something as critical as this even on a real fool’s day!” she stared straight into Muna’s face as she spoke. “…It’s even against my professional ethics so get your butt on that seat and think of a way to break the news to Judas.”

“You really aren’t joking… you’re really serious?” this time her eyes were filled with tears and her voice cracked.

“I’m as serious as judgment day. Judas, your boyfriend is really pregnant!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Butterflies

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

What I think of Feminism when I'm alone