My first irredeemable HeartBreak

My first irredeemable heart break.

I have learned, and that is why today I choose to share my story so that you too can learn from it and not be a victim.

Oh well, many must have had similar experiences, so you're welcome to share your thoughts or you can just come and answer 'present' here and mark your name.

It was my first year in school, four years ago. You know how it is with being a fresher, the whole 'giddiness of wanting to be super serious, giving no room for idle time, jumping from tutorial to tutorial searching for which is best, reading ahead of class and all that blablabla...
Yes, I was that kind of person. It was worse I was a polytechnic undergraduate, worse still would be to graduate with a 'nothing to write home about' result.

Fast forward to the day I sat behind Daniel in the exam hall. No, we didn't do any sort of 'formation' to enter, it just happened, and we were sitting for my most dreaded course, business maths.

I remember we were solving matrix. I had so practised it at home so much I was confident of knowing it all. I was solving it like one very serious student laidat. You know, heads down, left hand on desk, pen moving and pressing calc.

t was a very long and dizzy adventure. One question that took so many pages.
When I was done solving, I whispered to Daniel asking him what his final answer was.
'-33' he said.

I smiled. I was correct, I got -33 too. My 30marks was guaranteed. So all I needed was to answer some other questions as 'cut and joinly' as I could. Anything to avoid me a carry over. I am not very good in maths, I shuu nau have carry over and comman write it again, to write what exactly?

Matrix took all my space, so when I demanded for an extra sheet, I could feel my shoulders blowing up like puff-puff inside hot orye. 😛 I was feeling fly. A whole me, extra sheet, business maths! Ha Sunday service, dem must hear testimony!

It wasn't long before the exam was over and I left the hall with Daniel.

 I was barely done thanking him for confirming the answer for me when I barged into another group of friends who had also gathered and reviewing the just concluded exam.
'The answer is zero o' one person said.

'Yes, its zero' another chipped in.

'I got it o, it's zero' that was yet another.

I waited, this people couldn't be possibly talking about the same matrix that we just finished nanana. They must be bunch of joker's.

 So I inquired, lo and behold, it was the same matrix, MY matrix that I got -33 is what this people are getting zero, ordinary zero, paltry zero. Matrix that finished all my space that I even had to go collect extra sheet for, is what this people are saying the answer is zero. After all that super long calculations, and drawing of boxes the final answer is nau ordinary zero, just zero..

I didn't know if the world was spinning or I was the one spinning the world, whichever, I just remember feeling unusually dizzy.

In the long run, they were right. The answer was really really zero.

I was heart broken. I went home and cried my heart out. My only hope was dashed, smashed, killed, destroyed and crucified!  30marks gone, just like that.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I went home that day and cried my hearts out, I was telling God to take me. How can I get -33 and majority getting zero? And to think I got the answer confirmed!

Jesus be a fence!

And how I still manage to pass without a carryover, ees only God da know.

Ever since, I stopped asking for final answer. I stopped waiting to gist with friends over a just concluded exam. That kinda gist can dash your dreams before you even begin to say Jack!
Funny enough, each time I see people demand for extra sheet, fess thing my mind says is 'shey ees nor nonsense diswan yaf gaan write laidis nau...'

But that testimony I was rehearsing to give in church, I gave a thanksgiving instead.

Because God is the only one who mends a broken heart.

Praise the Lord.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Butterflies

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

What I think of Feminism when I'm alone