What I think of Feminism when I'm alone

 When I tell people I am not a 'feminist', they go 'you can't be serious' on me πŸ˜‚.

I have a very small circle, my circle knows how much I try to work hard and try many other stuffs too. So with that, the 'she must be a feminist' becomes the line on everyone's lips.

I. Am. Not. A. Feminist.

I am first human before anything else, and I've grown into the understanding that I have a right to my choice, not yours or any others but mine, my own choice. Right to make my own decisions and live by them.

I am a woman who will gun for everything that pleases her. How people see this as being a feministic nature is something I don't understand.

I understand women have been put in places where they shouldn't be, that we have been placed below the belt, that our strength has been undermined and our lights dimmed because we are women.

I also understand that the surrounding in which I am raised see's women as weaker vessels, that we shouldn't be superior to men, that we are not equals and we should remain below.

The two paragraphs above is where I have a problem with persons in that school of thought.

First off, women are humans, we have flesh and blood and feelings and we are ambitious too. A woman should not be put in a position where she feels less of herself, where she feels oppressed.

That said, every woman should think for herself, be your own goal, strive for something, don't be handicapped, you're more.

I think feminism is extreme when it comes to home building. I think equality shouldn't come to play when it comes to family. I think in home building, both parties should do well to put the family in one piece. That is to say, if the man has an upper hand in making provisions, he should. If the woman has an upper hand in making provisions, she should.

I know feminism fights for equality. But asides feminism,  I think that every woman should and must be responsible for something and for someone.

I am not a feminist, because the tag is actually tiring, and because some of the things feminism fights for do not go down well with me, especially family wise.

I am particular about family, I am particular about the extremity feminism goes when they talk about family, but in the end, its all okay, be with the one who shares your views and thoughts, its safer.

Every woman should be there for herself first, you can only be seen in the positive light when you see positive things about yourself.

You must not be a feminist to achieve so much more, you can be an ordinary woman doing extraordinary things.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

Birthday Butterflies

My Public Diary 101