HATE AND HATRED [1]


I stepped out of Mr. Oboh's office, clinging to my document I held close to my chest.

Mr. Oboh greatly disappointed me, he had promised to offer me an appointment in his company on the completion of my service year and here he was demanding for the impossible.

I walked slowly along the streets of Lagos lost in the depth of my own thought. What was I to do? The hopes I had were dashed out when Mr. Oboh started blabbing and saying all sort of rubbish.

My heart became heavy again and I busted into tears. What would my mother say if she heard that her brother was demanding he slept with me before he considered giving me an appointment in his company? It would so kill her.

Sometimes I blamed my dad for dieing too young, leaving behind my mother to cater for myself and my four other siblings.

Life hadn’t been easy since the death of my father. I was barely nine when I lost him. For all I remembered, he was tall, light skinned and handsome. Whenever he came in from work, he would buy us ‘suya’, that was his favorite take home present for his kids.
I loved my dad so much, he was proud of us his kid seven though we were all girls, yes! All five of us.

I remembered back then when grandma would always come to the house to fight my daddy just because he had refused taking another wife since my mum’s inability to have a male child. Daddy would always stand his ground and defend my mother and us his kids.
Not until one faithful morning, a strange call came in telling my mum to come identify one Mr. Okah.

My father had died in a trailer crash. I wept day and night, I couldn’t even console myself not to talk of consoling my own mother who I thought needed it even more than I did. He was her husband, but he was my father also. My siblings were too young to understand, except for Dumebi who was seven at that time.
Life had played a fast one on me for taking away the pillar that made a home stand.


Honorwrites...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Butterflies

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

What I think of Feminism when I'm alone