I Once Had A Shattered Dream

Early childhood dreams are really so exciting, some of these dreams grow with us into adulthood, and some die with our childhood years.

As a child, I had so many dreams, I dreamt of this, that, then this and that. I had a life full of too many dreams and aspirations, but there was one dream I held dear, Nursing.

Becoming a Nurse was one dream I treasured as a child. I loved Nurses. I loved them for their smartness, the smile they'd wear on their faces when they have a patient, the soft way they spoke when about to pierce an injection into your bumbum! I just knew I loved them for everything they were.

Imaginations grew in my head. I had pictured myself in white sparkling gown, black ballerina shoes with the blue, red and black biro tucked in the pocket of my gown.

As Children, it was easy for us having basket full of dreams, we were permitted to dream big, to have dreams bigger than our tiny selves, it was no crime.

I knew of children who wanted to become Pilots, Engineers, Doctors, Sailors, Accountants, Lawyers... Our dreams were big! Then, we would laugh at anyone who wanted to become a Teacher, to us teaching was meant for poor people.

Sooner than later as I began to grow, my dream began to crack at every side, with my eyes, I watched my dream leak away. Whatever happened to my nursing dream?

I once had a shattered dream, and it broke my heart to watch it die!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Butterflies

Something to Rant about (Don't break true friendship)

What I think of Feminism when I'm alone